Featured Post

U motenya!

I leave my house for work and get called over by two village women awaiting their chance to do business with the chief. The first smiles...

Friday, November 03, 2006

DR Prep

I got my pre-trip information for the Dominican Republic Mission Work Tour today. Apparently I need to get my hepatitis A vaccine. I already have the other vaccines needed like Tetanus and Hep B. It's a good thing I have fantastic family members who have already been on this trip a gazillion times, because I will be on the Mississippi Mission Trip during the orientation. I'm not sure they would have let me miss it if it were not for Aunt Nancy and my cousin Kristi being such old pros at this.

Living life normally is getting more difficult. I am ready to hit the road, ready for my adventures and a lack of responsibility. As the upcoming week progresses, it is only going to get harder. Kathy and I are getting together tomorrow to plot out our French travels. Thursday, I have a meeting about the Mississippi trip.

Even though I technically still have four full weeks here (after taking out the Mississippi week and Thanksgiving's fun) it seems like I am running out of time. People ask me when would be a good time to get together, and I have no answer. I have so much to do, so many people to see. I don't think there is a single day between now and when I move that is not already scheduled. Better that than feeling lonely and unloved. :-)

One of the big things about the Dominican Trip is bringing supplies for the incredibly poor people who we will be serving. I am posting the list of supplies in hopes that you might have and be able to share these things. If so, please let me know!

School supplies
Bibles (Spanish, Creole, English)
Lightweight clothing (gently used)
Shoes
Medical supplies (adult and children's viatmins, antacids, pain relievers)
Toothbrushes
Toothpast
Soap
Shampoo
Musical Instruments
Baseball Equipment
Small stuffed animals
Toys and games (also small, we have to be able to get them there)

Thanks for reading! Oh, and thanks to whoever posted my first comment. I feel loved (even though I am really curious as to who you are!!!).

No comments: