Featured Post

U motenya!

I leave my house for work and get called over by two village women awaiting their chance to do business with the chief. The first smiles...

Sunday, November 30, 2008

On the Road Again

I finished up at The Outdoor School about a week ago. It was one of the first times I have left a place before I felt truly ready, probably because I was there for only ten weeks. I immediately headed to Boston to celebrate Thanksgiving at my cousin's new house.

Thanksgiving was festive and entertaining, although it lacked the flying mashed potato of last year. It was a multi-day holiday. By Tuesday night, half of us had arrived. Wednesday night, all fourteen of us found places to sleep. Most of us stayed straight through Friday's breakfast. Somehow, this year became the year of titles and responsibilities. I received the most (mis)used title of: Dishes. For most of our three days, if there were dishes to be done, I was summoned by title. Other titles given out were Storage, Coffee, Trash, etc. After three days with extensive cooking and many mouths, it is safe to say I have filled my quote of washing dishes for the next few months.

This week is my week as a full on road warrior. Tonight I am in New Hampshire, tomorrow night Boston, Tuesday night I will be in Erie, and by Thursday or Friday I will be in Michigan. While it will be a wonderful time to catch up on myself and possibly phone conversations with friends, the twenty-plus hours that await me in the car will probably become wearing. Wish me safe roads and entertaining music (please not Christmas tunes!)!! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments: