Featured Post

U motenya!

I leave my house for work and get called over by two village women awaiting their chance to do business with the chief. The first smiles...

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Emerging From Hibernation

For the first time in my life, I truly spent winter in hibernation. I busted up my ankle in late October, so I spent December through mid-February in Erie with my parents and sisters. It was a great opportunity to spend time with them and enjoy hockey games regularly. Now, after sitting around for months, I am finally back on my feet (literally) and back aboard the Spirit of South Carolina.

I am thrilled to be back in Charleston, which I'm realizing is beginning to feel like home.

Upon arrival last Sunday, I quickly remembered how busy I tend to be here. I had three days to train the crew in CPR and First Aid, prepare for an overnight sail, and ready things for educational training. Thursday and Friday we took out a fun group of sixth-graders. It was wonderful to have such a relaxing and fun sail to help crew learn the ship and a bit about our program. We will not begin our daysail season for another week, but then things will be pretty busy for a few months.

I am in Charleston until the end of May and still uncertain where life will lead me next. Feel free to give suggestions!

No comments: