Friday, July 24, 2009

Long Overdue Island Update

Well, it is summer. I have been on Sanibel Island for nearly a month now and overall it is going well. The highlights have included:
  • A dead scorpion standing guard in front of my toilet one morning
  • Access to my own private pool and hot tub
  • Cooking for myself
  • Seeing a juvenile Osprey on my driveway
  • Finishing a knit bag
  • Reading and watching movies
  • Time with Dad
  • Time with myself
  • Biking
  • A nutritionist making up a personalized mealplan for the summer for free!!
At the same time, things have not gone exactly as planned. My rent is about twice what I was anticipating (but they are family friends and still being generous, what can you do?), my grandfather passed away, the two best job leads I had fizzled promptly, and I really don't know anyone here besides family.

No comments:

You should choose as your life's work whatever feels the most like play.
-Harvey Oxenhorn